miércoles, 11 de diciembre de 2013

Aircrafts Information Graphic


In this exercise I would like to give more importance to the ten accidents with the biggest number of fatalities. To make this I did a very simple map with certain shadow effect and with ten squares which represent each of the countries that had the hardest accidents. Each square is blue but the most dark represents the hardest accident and the most light is the soft accident inside the ten hardest accidents.

Also I would like to expose the percentages of each of the continents of the world. These percentages represents the number of accidents of each continent and these are presented since the continent which have the biggest number of accidents, to the continent which have the smallest number of accidents. In this graphic I put an airplane shape in the background in order to establish a clear difference that other graphics and in order to put an esthetic point in that graphic.

In these two graphics that I exposed in the same information graphic I put blue that is the predominant color because it have reference to the sky where the airplanes fly on.

Also, I have other graphic that is a realistic map in which I've presented the six accidents without fatalities. I put this map more realistic than the other because the information that is represented in this is better, is not tragic as the other graphic.

In order to distinguish the number of people aboard, of fatalities and what is the operator of each accident I put a legend in which appears each colored square with what represent each of them.

Finally, I would like to explain us that this information graphic, in general, is more simple because have the information in a particular ways of representation and this information is very abstract, thus the information graphic is not complex. Also this information graphic is lighter because the background color is soft and the other colors aren't very hard, and also It is more familiar because the ways to represent the information is not very complicated.

4 comentarios:

  1. firstly, your graphic is difficult to understand, but when I spend a little time to it, I understant perfectly what you want to express with it!
    I expect more graphics to comment hahaha!!
    good job andrew

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You write that you consider this graphic to be light "because the background color is soft and the other colors aren't very hard". I don't agree with you that the background color can make a rather complex and dense graphic light - and your use of a number of different other colors in this case doesn't make it lighter in my opinion. What else could have been done in order to make it more light? Maybe less text and a grid that separates the different parts more?

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi andrea! firstly I want to congratulate you for your job, I find this graphic very interesting even that the first time you see it I found it very crowded but when I once identified every part of the graphic I realized that everything is there for a reason and that make sense to put all the information your graphic contains. I will wait for new infographics to see your work.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hey,
    one thing you could consider to improve is the contrast between text and graphics to receive a higher readability. The half-transparent text-box you've designed already is a good approach to do it.

    ResponderEliminar